Friday, May 6, 2016

Friday Fun: Cool Dads Hit the Road!


Recently Doug in the Arkansas Test Kitchen traveled to Atlanta for work training. While he was there, he had the opportunity to try some new restaurants; and wanted to share his experience with us! If you're planning on hitting the A-T-L anytime soon, check out Doug's blog post below!



Here at Cool Dads Cook, we share easy-to-cook recipes that any dad or mom can prepare. However, what about vacation time? Summer is on its way; and we know a lot of families have fun vacations planned. We love to try new and local establishments while on the road. But instead of eating at chain restaurants all the time- we wanted to focus on local flavor and even more importantly- local beer!

My first night in Atlanta, I had to have a nice juicy steak from Outback. Hey! The company had given me $50.00 for supper; so I had to try to use it!  However the next day I went to the hotel concierge to ask where I could have a great dinner, and maybe even a beer. Cool Dads Travel Tip: always talk to your hotel staff- they can steer you to the best restaurants that are not overly “touristy” places to eat.

The hotel staff directed me to Harvest Moon Cafe; where I had one of the best stuffed pork chops ever; and there was a microbrewery next door! 


My third night out, I ventured over to Brewhouse Music and Grill where I tried a burger sandwiched between two grilled cheese sandwiches. They called it The Widowmaker. 



One of my favorite microbrewed beers is from Terrapin Brewery. It's hard to find Terrapin in Arkansas, so you can imagine my joy when I found it at the Terrapin Tap House in the Atlanta Airport! 



Atlanta was a blast: I met some great co-workers, I learned a lot in training and I even made time for food and drinks. I was glad I tried some new places, and supported local businesses. We encourage all our readers to head off the beaten path while traveling, and try something new and different.


Stay Cool,
The Cool Dads Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment