Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Kids in the Kitchen Wednesday: Snow Cream




Winter is still around, and it looks like it's here to stay for a few more weeks according to the (not so) wise groundhog. In Wisconsin, they're even predicting winter is going to be colder and snowier than normal. So, therefore why not make something fun with the snow? That's right: make food with the snow. Here's a special blog from Doug in the Arkansas Test Kitchen.

As many of you may know, my mother passed away last year. But one memory I have and will always have is when my mother made snow cream for my son and I. Actually it was the last thing she ever made for us. I can even remember the exact day: it was the day after Christmas 2012. But like someone pointed out to me, these are the memories I will cherish. So what better snow day treat than to make a batch of snow cream?
First let's go over a few rules of collecting snow:


1. Never get yellow snow! This should go without saying, but still...
2. Only scoop up the top layer of snow
3. Only use the freshest snow possible

Snow Cream

1. Beat 1 egg with 1/2 sugar
2. Combine with 1/4 tsp vanilla, 1/2 can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk and mix well
3. Add snow and stir to coat
4. Enjoy!


We look forward to someday providing you with recipes that don't involve snow, and aren't designed to warm you up on a cold day. Soon, right???

Stay Cool,
The Cool Dads Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment